Bet u didn’t know all this about rakhi
- It is celebrated on the full moon of the month of Shraavana
- it is on 24th of august 2010
- Religiously speaking Shravan is a pious month and full moon of this all-important month is considered to be a very holy day.
- The festival is marked by the tying of a rakhi, or holy thread by the sister on the wrist of right hand of her brother.
- This frail of thread of Rakhi is considered as stronger than iron chains as it binds the most beautiful relationship in an inseparable bond of love and trust.
- The brother in return offers a gift to his sister and vows to look after her as she presents sweets to her brother.
- The festival was started by Rani Karnavati of Chittor and Mughal Emperor Humayun.
- Raksha Bandhan finds a mention in Mahabharata when Lord Krishna advised Yudhishthir to perform the ceremony to protect himself and the army from the dangers of the war. It is said that Kunti, the mother of the Pandavas tied rakhi to her grandson Abhimanyu and Draupadi to lord Krishna.